Saturday, January 23, 2010

What is the fastest way to become a massage therapist if you already have studied anatomy and physiology?

I'm looking to learn massage therapy and have seen people get their licenses very quickly. I have not been able to ask them how they did it because they quickly stop working at the job I know them from. So I didn't have a chance to ask.What is the fastest way to become a massage therapist if you already have studied anatomy and physiology?
You can't really unless you live in a state that does not require professional licensing. Most require that you have at least 500 hours of training. Many schools offer much more training than that so you could see if you can take the test when you fulfill the requirements or you could find a school that just offers the basics. You have to find out what is required in your state/city etc as far as licensing.





some schools may also let you test out of taking anatomy and physiology and just take the massage portion and other things that are required.





If you live in an unlicensed state you will be better off taking classes even though it isn't required so that you will be better off in creating your business or finding a job.





You can also start a massage business without being a massage therapist and hire people who are.What is the fastest way to become a massage therapist if you already have studied anatomy and physiology?
Having A%26amp;P is great! But it isn't enough. I finished school in 9 months. Your best bet is to find a reputable massage therapy school in your area and take classes from them. You also get your massage table from them, too, added into the price of your courses. You should be able to test out or have your A%26amp;P credits transfer, shortening your classwork by around 2 months. Depending upon your state, you may not need to go to school, but over 35 states now require some type of schooling and a certificate to prove it.





At the time I went to school, my state did not require any type of schooling, but it was often regulated on the local level. I choose to go to school anyway to get the table a bit more professional experience. I am glad I did because now my state does require a certificate from a school.
Montana School of Massage has four seperate class start dates. Sept. Day Class M-F 9am-1pm 7 months


Oct. Evening M-TH 5:30-9:30pm 10months


Feb. Day days and hours are the same as Sept.


Summer Intensive M-F 9am-6pm with graduation in 4 months.


Depending on which class you took, you will have 600-650 hours completed anywhere from 4 to 10 months.


If you already have A %26amp; P we would have you test out of that by taking our final exam. If you passed, you would not be required to take that course.


After receiving you certificate of completetion, you would be eligible to take the National Certification Exam.
I studied A%26amp;P while getting my AA at a community college. Then I went to Allied College in St. Louis for the Massage Therapy Certificate program. I still had to do all the A%26amp;P stuff because we did it while we were learning all the different massage techniques, but it was a good thing because it kept me fresh and I got to see how massage effected the body systems. The certificate program took 11 months to complete and around $10,000 tuition, but I think their tuition has just gone up a little.
No idea
Check with a local massage therapist school. They should be able to tell you. If you don't know of one, just look online.
  • natural lipstick
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment