Saturday, January 23, 2010

How much to tip a massage therapist when I go to her home?

My massage therapist quit the spa she used to work for, and now takes clients in her home.





I don't mind tipping at a spa, because she probably only gets an hourly rate and most of the cost of the massage goes towards the facility's rent/electricity/supplies, etc.





My question is: If I am going to her house for a massage, how much (if any) do I tip? She gets 100% of my fee, so is a tip necessary?How much to tip a massage therapist when I go to her home?
According to the article cited below:





Do not tip a massage therapist who works for himself and makes house calls or owns the massage center.








Have a polite day.How much to tip a massage therapist when I go to her home?
While she is getting the whole fee - a good percentage of that goes towards business expenses. Bills, bookkeeping, advertising, repairing/replacing equipment, linens, oils. She'll also have to save some each month for taxes at the end of the year since they're not deducted.





That said as a Massage Therapist myself, who is self employed through a Clinic - tips are never ever expected or requested - however, always appreciated. Do what makes the most sense to you, and what you're most comfortable with.
The massage therapist is probably at least expecting the same amount that you paid for her services while working at the spa. If, however, her fees are dramatically lower, and/or your massage experience has dramatically decreased because she is no longer in the spa setting, you should feel comfortable with offering the same pay for what may be the same service; just a different location. Try not to look at it as a Fee + Tip. Pay a set amount for what you think the new service and location is worth compared to what you were paying before.
I am a massage therapist and I also take clients in my home.


I do get 100 percent of the fee but there is alot of labor work using the body. a tip is not required but it is appreciated and we are providing a service. 10-15 dollars is acceptable
In your case I don't think a tip is necessary. If it's an exceptionally good massage, you could give her a 20% tip, but I don't think it would be expected or required.
Tip 10% to be polite.

No comments:

Post a Comment