Saturday, January 23, 2010

How do I know that a massage therapist is qualified to massage my achillis tendons and groins?

How do I determine a massage therapist's legitimacy? I have achilles tendinitis and a groin pull. I have want to run again and massage therapy might heal my injuries. I want both parts of my two legs massaged and I do not wanted to be ripped off.How do I know that a massage therapist is qualified to massage my achillis tendons and groins?
Requirements are different in different states/countries, but where I live, a massage therapist must have his/her license on display in the place where he/she practices, and anyone can request information on any therapist or any other healthcare professional from the state.





With injuries, your best bet is to either find a chiropractor with a massage therapist (many have them these days) or get a referral to physical therapy. The therapists working for chiros and PTs would be the most experienced in this line of work.How do I know that a massage therapist is qualified to massage my achillis tendons and groins?
Ask your friends or doctor for referrals. Massage is really good for tendonitis and things like that. Find a sports massage therapist or deep tissue massage therapists. Most are licensed and have training in dealing with injuries. Just ask them what their training and experience are.
Instead of going to a therapist why don't you try a Chiropractic care. If your low back pain is muscle or joint related try a Chiropractor. Chiropractors are experts in spinal anatomy and can diagnose the problem, Chiropractic management had helped me a lot.
massage is not good for tendnitis, maybe cryomassage ll help in acute stage, but any way., u r not qualified to tell if he's qualified or not, u can just meet one and ask for help and he know wha should u get and u can tell only if u feel better or not.
Ask for certificates and business permits that is if they are registered as a business.

No comments:

Post a Comment