Saturday, January 23, 2010

How popular is a massage therapist around pregnant women?

I heard leg cramps are bad during pregnancy how many of you women out there like or need a massage therapist during this time? Prefer answer's from people experiencing this.How popular is a massage therapist around pregnant women?
I had to go to massage therapy while pregnant because of a neck injury giving me migraines and my doctor only wanted to give me pain killers for a short time. It helped IMMENSELY. I was NOT in my 3rd trimester when I had my massages done and had no problems.How popular is a massage therapist around pregnant women?
I am a massage therapist. We get women in their 3rd trimester. That is the perfect time to massage. a pregnant women before that can cause harm to the mom and the baby. That is why we only take 3rd trimester clients. It helps with the muscles and also can help in courage labor to start late in the pregnancy.
Massage is GREAT during pregnancy. During all parts. You can get a massage during any trimester unless you have had complications, just ask your doctor. Just go to someone who is certified in prenatal massage or has experience with pregnant clients, your doctor may know of someone or search the internet. If that is not an option for you then there are plenty of books (Massage During Pregnancy- Bette Waters) out there where you can teach your partner or a friend to give a great massage for less. I never had leg cramps and I stood a lot of the day MASSAGING others. I have had a lot of women over the years though that loved having there legs massaged. Just make sure you do not have any blood clots in your legs-again ask your doctor.
I have 2 friends, a neice and a sister in law that are massage therapists. They treat MANY pregnant women. When I was pregnant, it was awesome to have a massage. I also went to a chiropractor that kept my back in alignment.


A lot of leg cramps are due to not enough water and not enough calcium. Since you will probably have heartburn, TUMS are wonderful and are a great source of calcium.

No comments:

Post a Comment