Thursday, January 21, 2010

How much do you tip for hair dressers, nail technicians and massage therapists? The same 15-20% as restaurants

Hair dressers and masseuses receive 15 - 20%. A nail technician should receive a minimum of $5.How much do you tip for hair dressers, nail technicians and massage therapists? The same 15-20% as restaurants
i used to bring my masseuse a bottle of wine every 4 visits. ( i used to go once a week) and still tip her 5 bucks per visit. my stylist depends on how much i like my hair. my nail tech gives me a cheaper rate 15$ for a fill on my nails since i have been going there steady and i always get little extras for free. i tip her about 6 bucks per visit and i am still saving money.How much do you tip for hair dressers, nail technicians and massage therapists? The same 15-20% as restaurants
No, 2-3 dollars for nails 4-6 for hair. you are not obligated to tip for these services only if you really like the end product.
It to me depends on how i feel the dyd. For hair i usually go, 2-5 same as nails and pedi's.





If they do a gret job which i do have a great place for pedi's i give them a 5 $ tip for it because they do such a great job!
Yes, 15% if the price is high, and I do 20% if the price was reasonable.
I tip my nail tech $5 for a fill and $10 for a full set. Depending on the service performed I give my hairdresser $10 to $20 and don't forget to tip the shampoo girl $5 as well.
Usually nothing. Those you name should charge honest prices, and not expect to be supplemented. Hurrah for Japan where they are paid fairly and refuse to take tips.
In my area, it is expected to tip at least 10% for these services, more if you really like the service received or if they give you little extras (such as nail art or extending your massage time by a few minutes.)
My stylist does a fantastic job and her rates are cheap--$17/cut (w/wash %26amp; style). So I tip her $4, which is just over 20%. She's a sweet person and does my daughter's hair as well. She doesn't gossip with the other idle stylists in the salon while cutting hair. She concentrates on her customer.


I usually tip the same with my pedi's. :)


It just depends on the service you got, but if you constantly see the same person or salon, I'd tip a customary 15-20%.


My husband tips his barber only 10%. Of course, alot less work is done. No wash or style!!
$4 to $6 on a $12 haircut? I think 15% to 20% is the norm here.
My nail technician works so hard and I always give her a 25% tip. She doesn't charge as much as most do and she does such a great job.

No comments:

Post a Comment