Thursday, January 21, 2010

Calling all Chiropractors, Herbalists, and massage therapists?

I'm 14 now, I want to be one (or all) of the above. Tell me what kind of stuff I should get into now, to just be better prepared when I'm older.





P.S. I live in California, if that helps at allCalling all Chiropractors, Herbalists, and massage therapists?
I'm currently studying to be a chiropractor, so here's what I think might help.





Science is extremely important in chiropractic education so try to take some basic science courses like biology, chemistry, and physics in high school. If you're really smart and can handle the load, you can take some AP classes to earn college credit for these classes (junior or senior year). I don't know what kind of school you go to (I came for a poor high school and we didn't have a lot of classes to choose from), but if your school offers more advanced biologies (human anatomy, cell biology, etc) try those too.





Since you don't know exactly which career you'd like to choose, I'd suggest talking with a chiropractor/herbalist/massage therapist near you. I'm sure they wouldn't mind telling you the ups and downs of the business, the best colleges to attend, what to expect from the job, why they personally chose that career, etc etc. You might learn something you hadn't expected! Actually working in their office might be the best way to learn, but I think you might be too young for that just yet. Anyway, best of luck to you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment