Thursday, January 21, 2010

Any massage therapists out there?

Hi, I want to become a massage therapist in the future and I had some questions for you.


1. What college did you go to and why?


2. What classes did you take that allowed you to become a massage therapist? Were they hard?


3. Where are you currently working?


4. Do you enjoy being a massage therapist?


5. How much is your salary?


6. How many years did you attend college?


7. Is it easy to find a job as a massage therapist?





I understand if you don't want to answer number 6 because I know that that is something personal.





Thank you for your time!Any massage therapists out there?
Education varies dramatically in the massage profession. Some enter immediately after high school, some people have completed a degree (associates, bachelors, masters or even a PhD) in something other than massage therapy. Some may also have another certification or license (athletic training, personal training, nursing, physical therapy). The schooling I chose was because of location. I did not need to move. I completed a bachelors degree, then went to massage school (The majority of massage schools are privately owned rather than being part of a larger college or university setting). Any class can be ';hard'; if you do not have the aptitude or attitude to give proper attention to the coursework. Comparitively however, the bachelor degree classes were much more academically challenging than the massage school classes. I currently own a private practice after twelve years of being licensed. I enjoy the profession because I have continued to discover new techniques and approaches that peak my interest. Total post-secondary years of schooling is six (5yrs bachelors +1yr massage). It is becoming easier to find jobs as a massage therapist however, the challenge becomes developing and maintaining a growing number of clientele to justify your employment.





I hope this helps. Keep focus on your dream and it will be real.
  • natural lipstick
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment