Friday, May 14, 2010

When/If choosing a massage therapist, what characteristics of the therapist are important to you?

Say you decide to get a massage. What do you consider about the person/therapist when deciding which one to go to. If someone refers you to a therapist, what details are important to your decision to go?When/If choosing a massage therapist, what characteristics of the therapist are important to you?
always have a consultation with the one who will be giving the massage. if you get a good 'feeling' from that person while during consultation he/she is for you. if, when you get there, another therapist is going to give you a massage - run fast in the other direction.


remember that you are the one naked on the table. if you don't feel comfortable during a consultation you won't feel comfortable naked in a closed room on a table with his/her hands on you.


when you are in a consultation you are hiring this person for a job. and this job involves you and your well-being. it might be difficult to find the right person, but when you do, believe me, you won't want anyone else to give you a massage. it just won't be the 'same'.When/If choosing a massage therapist, what characteristics of the therapist are important to you?
I generally choose first based on the type of massage they specialize in. I don't like a really hard massage, so those who specialize in major deep-tissue may not be my first choice, whereas someone who concentrates on relaxation massage might be more my style.





Beyond that, I try them out and see if I ';click'; with them. I prefer someone who doesn't talk, who can tell from my body language when something isn't comfortable, and who values my business. These things are easier to tell from experiencing the massage and the therapist's demeanor rather than asking questions.
  • natural lipstick
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment