Tuesday, May 11, 2010

What does it take to become a massage therapist?

Do you have to have a certain major? what kind of classes do you have to take? is there graduate school involved? what are the salary ranges? salary for working for cruise line? is it time-consuming? does work pay off?What does it take to become a massage therapist?
You need to get certified if you plan on working as one.


You can take classes for Massage Therapy. We have a large school here in Hawaii. I thought about it myself, but don't have $10,000 to invest in something I'm not passionate about. I just keep getting told that my hands are good. I give little massages here and there when my co-workers are tense. I


thought it sounded good to have something else to fall back on, should I leave my job.


My chiropractor has a massage therapist that makes more than him . He went to school for 8 years, and she took a coarse.


But he has many more patients a day.


Here, it's typical to pay $65 for an hour massage, on the average.


(**)What does it take to become a massage therapist?
strong hands, a stomach that doesn't get queasy over touching people you might not really WANT to touch.
i don't think it pays off. two of my sisters did it. its not really big where i am but if thats your patien then go for it. it would probably be good for a cruize ship or something
Look into what your state requires for training. Some require 600 hours, some 2000 hours %26amp; some don't require any training at all! Some require state license or certification, some require national certification. Really research the field. If you want to work on a cruise ship, don't expect to see all the grand ports of call. You will be working almost non-stop with very little time for sight-seeing. If you plan on being self-employed, is there really a call for another MT where you are? Will people spend the money in your area for a massage? You may decide to specialize in sports massage. Can you hands %26amp; body handle the strain? These are all things to think about. Really research everything! Schools with tell you what you want to hear, not reality. If you still decide to go for it, then do! It's one of the most rewarding jobs I've ever done.
  • natural lipstick
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment