Friday, May 14, 2010

How much should I tip a massage therapist and someone who does a manicure & pedicure?

I'm getting a massage and a manicure and pedicure today. usually tip? Or is a tip even expected? It is at a day spa...How much should I tip a massage therapist and someone who does a manicure %26amp; pedicure?
Anybody providing a service for you should be tipped. As in a restaurant, the average tip is 15% for so-so service to 20+% for good service.How much should I tip a massage therapist and someone who does a manicure %26amp; pedicure?
one million escudos
I don't know the quidelines for that. I know my wife tips her hair dresser. She had a massage but didn't mention giving the lady a tip.





Sorry I couldn't be any help.
Yes, a tip is expected....because they are offering up their services to you! For the massage therapist, it depends upon how long %26amp; how much she does....usually it's 10% - 15%...
Tips are expected, I believe, and at some places are added on for you!! I think 15-20% is the norm.
If the same person is doing all 3, give them ten. Otherwise I would give 5 for the massage and 5 for the mani and pedi. It's not expected but those people do have to rent their space in the spa (usually).
There is no need to tip them, now if it was a restaurant then there in no problem in giving the person who is attending to your table a tip. There salary may be much less and there is more work entailed.
For manicure and pedicure I leave $5, I am not sure about massage.

No comments:

Post a Comment