Friday, May 14, 2010

What is your main consideration when choosing a massage therapist?

And how do you know when you have found a really good therapist?What is your main consideration when choosing a massage therapist?
I second the vote on word-of-mouth recommendations...especially if the recommendation is from someone who's opinion you know and respect.





The next thing is to screen the therapist for a massage technique that suits your particular needs. There are MANY different types of massage. Are you looking for a relaxation massage, a massage for pain, a massage for lymphatic drainage, for headaches, for pregnancy, for the special needs of an older person, etc.? These are all sub-specialities.





Also, do they use their hands...or massage tools. I think that hands are the best, because the therapist can feel your muscles reacting to their touch and respond accordingly. I have had clients say that my massages are way better than those who use massage tools versus their hands and I'm sure it is for that reason.What is your main consideration when choosing a massage therapist?
Although I knew my masseuse before I started going to her for treatment, if I were to have to find someone new, I would look into their training and then also ask around about they reputation.
Knowing how I like a massage and sensing a connection between that person and myself.
Insurance coverage is a must. You know when your body feels better.
I've heard the blind people are the best for massage, because they feel everything with their hand. So, their sense is develop.
Look at how their hands look. If the have smooth hands they are good.If they have rough hands they are bad!
Recommendations. Both therapists I have seen were recommended to me. The latest one is awesome and she is easy to talk to.
first, why are u getting a massage? relaxation, pain management, prescribed by a doctor for a specific reason...if there isn't anyone to reccommend one to you, i would call some in the area. Ask them how many years of experience they have (5 yrs is good), what types of massage do they do, how much do they charge, or do they accept insurance (not all do)they can explain the diff types of massage they do to you to help you decide what's best for you. And as far as knowing if they're good or not, you'll definately know. it'll feel good, and you should feel completely comfortabe throughout the entire session. enjoy!
I have always gone with training and the different kinds of massages they are trained in. I like a hot stone massage for my lupus pain. You should check it out.

1 comment:

  1. Great Blog!! That was amazing. Your thought processing is wonderful. The way you tell the thing is awesome. You are really a master.
    massage therapist toowoomba

    ReplyDelete