Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A Q for massage therapists ?

OK so i really want to go into massage therapy school in april of 2010. i know what is required of me but i dont know what its actually like to be a massage therapist. this is a Q for massage therapist?





how is the money?


do they mostly work full or part time?


is it hard massaging constantly? or do u get used to it?


what is like to be one?A Q for massage therapists ?
Most massage therapist start their own business because you really can't make a living at a job in massage. Entry level jobs start at $12 an hour. You can work up to maybe $35 at high end spas or chiropractic clinics but you really can't do more than 25 massage a week and that is if you are in really ,really good physical shape.





Working for myself, I have to do everything - create the website, get clients in the door, keep them coming back, do the books, pay the taxes, pay rent and office expenses. but I also get set my own schedule and take vacations (unpaid) when I want to and I get to work with people who have things like carpal tunnel, thoracic outlet syndrome, athletes, stressed out and injured people and help them on their path to wellness.A Q for massage therapists ?
Average money is $20,000 a year





You can work no more than 25 hours a week because it's so physically destructive





It is hard and it gets harder. It breaks your body down quickly





In my opinion it is a horrible thing to do to yourself, especially if you're an intelligent person who enjoys a challenge. I owned a spa and just closed it because of the pain and misery

No comments:

Post a Comment